WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

A Simple Christmas


A simple Christmas. This is my theme for the holiday season. Creating a home full of cheer but with a simplistic approach.
I love this time of year. The holiday season is upon us and I will admit, I've already had a red cup and listened to hours (yes hours) of holiday music. I can't help myself.
I love all the anticipation and excitement of Christmas. The parties, the food, the cheer! It truly is magical.  But what I am really hoping for this year is a simple Christmas. Not a holiday season surrounded by "stuff" but instead, one where our home is filled with visitors, loud bursts of laughter, giggling children running around, lots and lots of delicious food and of course wine!
This year, Martha Stewart Living for The Home Depot Holiday Collection had exactly what I needed to create a beautiful and simple holiday decor starting right here at our front door!
This year its all decked out in garland and a beautiful wreath along with these little lit trees. I love how it all frames our door and welcomes you in!
Our dining room is our busiest room in the house over the holiday season. 
You may recall it was just last week I had it all ready for a Thanksgiving feast.
Well, because this is where we we do the majority of our entertaining all season long it has to be ready! These chairs will hold our loved ones and I wanted this space to have a simplistic charm about it. I love my old chalkboard flanked by these wreaths. I added the linen candy stripe ribbon to them for just a touch of red. 


The felted ball garland is so sweet and such a perfect little touch to our holiday decor. 
The berry boxwood wreath will always be a Christmas favorite!

Our Family Room just recently had a makeover of its own and I was so excited to start preparing the space for the holidays! 
Along with keeping it simple it had to be cozy. Curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and read a book in front of the fire kind of cozy. I kept the room neutral and allowed my simple Christmas decor to add in just enough color. Our snowy tree is my favorite and it fits so perfectly in here. I love that I didn't need to add in a lot of decor to make the room festive but these simple choices alone where enough to make it feel like Christmas has finally arrived. 



I added in wreaths to all of our windows along with the tree and wreath above the mantle. Can I tell you how excited I am to finally have a mantle I can decorate for the holidays!

 The holidays have arrived and I want to enjoy every single moment so I'm keeping it simple here. I  hope your holiday season is one filled with friends, family and tons of good cheer! 
Merry Christmas




0 comments:

Post a Comment