WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

A Valentine's Date

Valentines Day. 
Its my favorite holiday! I love it. I guess its because I love all the pink and red touches and then every year my valentine works on this special day. That is what happens when you are married to a man in the restaurant business. Well, I was determined that this year we would have that romantic evening that we always seem to miss out on. It may not actually be on Valentines day but it still feels like it for us. 
This year I was all about a cozy evening by the fire. Lots of flowers and sweet treats just for us. No kids allowed. I pulled our tufted Alcott Hill chairs from Wayfair right up to the fireplace with the softest fur blanket we have. My husband was seriously excited for this blanket! He cracks me up because he is a sucker for super soft blankets and this one is by far the softest so I knew this was a perfect touch to the evening. 
 Some champagne, french macaroons and our favorite little coconut cupcakes... all we needed to enjoy our date by the fire together. I love drinking champagne from these little glasses. The gold dotted highballs and the sweet little pink juice glasses...honestly I loved them so much I just couldn't decide so we used both..I mean, why not?!? 
I was all about keeping this night feeling like Valentines day with little pops of red so I added in this rope pouf under the table which eventually became a seat as the night went on..its always good to have extra seating even just for a party of two. I will say it was my kiddo that came in to sit down and eventually ate all of our sweets but that was just fine! 
What a fun little pre Valentines date! Our new coffee table made the perfect setting for all of our treats and now I'm thinking how fun it would be to use this same little set up for more date nights in the future. We are home bodies who don't get out much so this was perfect and so easy to throw together. I can't wait to share another night here with my Valentine...and most likely our kids will be here too because who am I kidding....if there are treats, they won't stay away! 




3 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. I often like to have a lot of casual contact with furniture at home. You can get surprises when you visit Emd. Believe me, an outdoor chair lover, from
    online shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very good, and you are welcome to have a look here,replica furniture store click Hrdfurniture,
    Thank you, this is a great article, welcome to buy your furniture here click here,
    Interesting posts. You can learn more about the furniture here shop now,
    Your article is very good, and you are welcome to have a look here go here,
    Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheap oil paintings on canvas Love this - now I wish I'd gotten the larger version!

    ReplyDelete